Friday, October 8, 2010

Farming

So, there I was in the middle of the Sley Farms helping to pick the Blaze weeds from the local farmers fields. Then a kindly old man ask me to help water and fertilize their freshly planted crops. The nice elf that I am I threw my back into it and went to work. I’m just that nice of a guy. then again I did just stand there and watch a bunch of wild birds come swarming in and kill the farmer, but its not my fault they asked me to fertilize, not protect them.
However, that’s not really the kind of farming I’m here to talk about today. No, my day of farming included a lot more destruction with a smidge of elficide.
I found myself at the Elven Sanctuary merrily hewing my way through one elf after another, then i look down at one poor chap laying at my feet.
An elven Warden lay dead at my feet. Is this what its come too? Are wardens so disposable that even I am putting them out of their misery with a mighty blow of my axe? Is this why there are so few of us left? Wardens join up with the sanctuary only to be put down by the freelance mercenaries of our world.
These thoughts bothered me for a few moments before I looted the poor guy for his precious activate rune. Of course, to add insult to injury I’m pretty sure my pet "Smellslikepoo" is standing on his head tea bagging him. I wonder where he learned that....
Moving on I continued to mow down one elf after another till I noticed a fair maiden must have walked too close and accidentally gotten in the way of my axe.


When I turned her over, the plot thickens. Clutched in her hand is a set of throwing knives. I think I know this girl, yes I’m fairly certain I went to School with her as a teen, and i may have dated her sister. I must assume that my accidental swing spoiled her assassination plot. I took her knives and tossed them in a nearby pond and moved on.
There's farming to do, and my crops are more elves.

1 comment: